About Me

My photo
Innsbruck, Tirol, Austria

Hi, and welcome to my blog! :D

I made this blog to be able to keep everyone updated on, as it says, my adventures while studying in Austria. :) I apologize for the Englishness (those who know me will not be surprised), but there are a quite a few non-Dutch speakers that wanted to keep up with me and I wasn't really up for writing every post in both languages... My apologies! :)

That said, have a look around, drop me a comment and enjoy! ;)

PS: © for the header to Melora @ deviantArt. I'm not that good of an artist, sorry. ;)

Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 50 - 56: Uhm. Well. That's to say. I'm sorry, okay! :p

You know, if this were my LJ, I'd use this icon. Because, basically it is how I roll. :p To procrastinate: to put off till another day or time; delay. Yup, me in a nutshell. :p

Yeah. IN MY DEFENCE, I didn't think you would all be entertained by daily updates going "todayyyy I slept late! And then I did homework! And then I lazed around and read! And then I tanned! OMG!" Heavy stuff? Not so much. ;)

Day 50 & 51: Tuesday, April 14 & Wednesday April 15

...were pretty much those kind of days, actually. :D What, I blew half my holiday off to Vienna, I had to make up somehow? And I'm rather pleased to say I did quite a lot! :D Of course, I didn't do as much as I'd hoped, I am She With Impossibly High Expectations, of course. But I figure, I only ever do bout half of what I plan (whether I plan a lot or not) so half of a lot > half of not a lot, right? Right. :D

The only thing worth noting? Wednesday night I didn't sleep. Like. At all. It was horrible. :( By the time I could actually sleep, it was so late that I kept thinking "omg must sleep have to get back up in 2 hours must sleep must sleep aaaaah panic!". Which, obviously, didn't help at all. :( So in the end it was 5:30am and I decided that I should just not sleep at all, rather than sleep for 50 minutes and then wake up again. It was awful. :(

Day 52 & 53: Thursday, April 16 & Friday, April 17

You should have seen me on Thursday, oh my god. XD I felt like I'd just gone through an entire exam period on only 5 hours of sleep averagely a night. :p And the awful part was, on Thursday, Kevin and I were supposed to teach! About Belgium!

Luckily, we were supposed to teach together so I just went over and asked him if he'd feel up to doing it by himself, please, please, pretty please with a cherry on top? And he did! :D I wouldn't ask, normally, but I think he could see how awful I felt. By lunch I was, like, swaying. :| I was a little scared I was gonna get run over on my way home or something. :p

In any case, Kevin's lesson was fine and next week it's my turn. :D Well, next week or May 14 (angry teachers, holidays, looooong story.) It was nice. :) Though we started out by singing the national anthem and, I swear, they looked at us like we were insane. XD But twas good aside from that. And they all agreed that Belgian chocolate > anything else, ever. Well, duh. :p

On Friday I was supposed to go to Salzburg, but even an afternoon nap hadn't been able to make me feel human again, so I overslept and missed my train. So instead I did homework! Yay! :p

Day 54 - 56: Saturday, April 18 - Monday, April 20

Saturday: Salzburg day! I will admit, I didn't stay very long. I visited the obvious places, though! (Exception: I didn't go into the Mozarthouse because a) a, uh, load of tourists queuing up and b) pricey for just a house.)

So I walked around, took pictures, got accosted by random bums (WHY does that always happen to me? Seriously!) and then! Then! Then I found this cute little bookshop that MADE my trip! :D

The thing is, I've been looking for calendars, right? Because a decent calendar has, like, 12 good pictures in one and if you cut them off, you can use them for decoration of your walls! It's the cheapest way, really. So I looked in Innsbruck: nothing, zip, nada. Looked in Vienna: nothing, zip, nada. I realize, April is rather late for a calender, but COME ON! And then, in that cute little bookstore: 2 EUROS APIECE! :D

So of course I bought 5. :D And now my room is all decorated, it's awesome! :D You might say overcrowded, but I say come have a look at my room at home, you'll die. :p






Anyhoo, when I came home, I sort of redecorated and now my room feels awesomely homey. ^-^ Yay!

Sunday was the last day of the Easter hols! Technically they ended last Tuesday, but since we only had that tiny thing on Thursday, I counted Sunday as the last day. :) And I spent it doing, well, homework. :p You'd think that after having had a whole 2 weeks, I would NOT do my homework for Monday on Sunday, but. Well, clearly you don't know me well. :p

And then Monday was back to school day! :( In the morning we went shopping for ingredients. You see, on Tuesday eve they expect us to cook Tirolean dishes. Me. Cook.

Now, don't get me wrong, I can feed myself no problem! BUT following recipes? Not my forte. I EVEN MESS UP PANCAKES, OKAY. :p So obviously that's going to be a disaster and you should probably check the newspapers on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for, like, "Mass death of Erasmus students in PHT kitchen." cos I might poison everyone. :D

After shopping there was lunch and then class! And, yknow, it was nice. Ish. A presentation in both classes so, yeah, the ish is warranted. :p AND THEN. HOMG.

After the last period, we went to see Mrs. Pietersteiner who will as of now be known as The Evil Bitch Monster Of Death™ (TEBMOD™)(This isn't actually swearing, okay, it's totally a Buffy reference! Pop Culture! But she kind of deserves the title.) And she told us that we'd been handing in our corrected assignments wrong. AND WE HAD TO DO ALL OF THEM OVER AGAIN! Seriously! SERIOUSLY! You could not have told us this AT THE BEGINNING OF THE TERM, EBMOD! [insert pissed off swearing here, because I'm at least trying to keep this clean :p]

So. The day ends on a rather PISSED OFF note. Who'd have thought. Of course, by now I've rather calmed down, but still. Ugh. EBMOD.

I'm gonna go shake and shimmy my bad mood off, y'all. :D (another Buffy reference! ...sorry, I'll behave. :/)

Ciao! :)

Fia/Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment