About Me

My photo
Innsbruck, Tirol, Austria

Hi, and welcome to my blog! :D

I made this blog to be able to keep everyone updated on, as it says, my adventures while studying in Austria. :) I apologize for the Englishness (those who know me will not be surprised), but there are a quite a few non-Dutch speakers that wanted to keep up with me and I wasn't really up for writing every post in both languages... My apologies! :)

That said, have a look around, drop me a comment and enjoy! ;)

PS: © for the header to Melora @ deviantArt. I'm not that good of an artist, sorry. ;)

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day 7 - 9: The first lessons, the first party, the first hangover?


Three days this time around! I hope I won't forget to update this and then suddenly be stuck be with 2 weeks or so to update about. :p Anyhow, on with the show!

Sunday March 1, Day 7

Sunday...was actually spent much like the rest of the weekend. :D In bed. I was really lazy this weekend. BUT! In my defence, it was the first lazy weekend in, like, forever. :p

So, not much can be said about Sunday. I spent about an hour downstairs talking to one of my housemates, Cristina. She's from Belgium too, from Liège. ^-^ Aside from that: bed, stories, movies! :)

Monday March 2, Day 8

Monday was the first actual day of school! Exciting!

...Except not really, it turned out party frustrating, partly okay. :p The day started out nice, I had to get up for breakfast because it ends at 9, but after that I was allowed to crawl back into bed because I only had to be in school at 11:30! :D It was glorious.

Less glorious was arriving at school at 11:30, when I had agreed to meet Kevin, and finding he wasn't there. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting some more, since I had class soon so it was pointless to go home again.

He eventually showed up at 12:45, but had an excuse. :p Apparently he went with another class than his own and their lesson lasted longer. :p Anyhoo, not his fault.

Pretty soon after we met Mrs. Egger, the Erasmus coordinator and she told us where to go for Praxis (training). And, surprisingly, Praxis was arranged so easily! We were in Mrs. Glanschnitt's office for 10 minutes and when we left, we were like "So it's done? Really? Is that even possible? :|" But it was! :p

After the Praxis meeting, we attended our first class at the Pädag (short for Pädagogische Hochshule, our school). English, with Mrs. Pietersteiner. We immediately discovered that she's really strict about presence in her lessons, which I suppose is normal. She also asked that we do the tasks the other students had to do for the classes we missed, which is definitely normal. It does mean we'll have quite some work this week, though. But one can't laze about all the time!

Monday evening we (Kevin, a bunch of my housemates and myself) went out into the town. Fun was definitely had. The party already started at home, where one of the girls had passed her Matura (an important exam) and an impromptu small party started in the common room. After that we went to an Erasmus Welcome Night in the city, in the Irish Pub. :D Like I said: fun was had by all! :D

Tuesday March 3, Day 9

A day that started way too early, but if you want to go party, you have to deal with the consequences! So I dragged myself out of bed for our first day of Praxis! (I hadn't had that much to drink so I, at least, didn't have much of a hangover. Unlike Kevin! ;) )

We had to go observe 2 hours of history in a 3rd year. The school system, however, is completely different here, and the kids we saw were only 11 or 12 years old! Going to have to get someone to explain things to me. :p

Despite the German, we were able to understand quite a lot of it. The teacher was very good, she used a lot of different methods and such. And she managed to keep the class well under control.

After the 2 hours of Praxis and the meeting with the teacher afterwards, Kevin and I were both knackered so we headed back to the house for some rest and an early night. :) And on that note:

guten Abend und auf wiedersehen! ;)

Fia/Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment