About Me

My photo
Innsbruck, Tirol, Austria

Hi, and welcome to my blog! :D

I made this blog to be able to keep everyone updated on, as it says, my adventures while studying in Austria. :) I apologize for the Englishness (those who know me will not be surprised), but there are a quite a few non-Dutch speakers that wanted to keep up with me and I wasn't really up for writing every post in both languages... My apologies! :)

That said, have a look around, drop me a comment and enjoy! ;)

PS: © for the header to Melora @ deviantArt. I'm not that good of an artist, sorry. ;)

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day 5 & 6: lazing around...


Day 5

On Friday I didn't have classes, so in true Lindsey fashion, I decided to laze about all day. :D Which means I got up at around 8:30 for breakfast (sadly, it ends at 9) and then I went back to bed and spent pretty much the rest of the day on the Internet. :D Lazy days! They are fun.

In the evening, we were more productive. Kevin (my fellow Erasmusser from Bruges) had sent 'round an e-mail to all the Erasmus students to meet up and go for a drink. :D Fun was definitely had, we went to a local bar (recommended by one of our housemates) and it was a typical student bar! Almost like being home again. :D

Not to mention: the drinks are cheaper! Okay, no, I'm lying. The *wine* is a lot cheaper. € 1,80 for a glass! Hooray! :D :D And also € 1,80 euros for a Coke, also cheaper. :)

Unfortunately, we had to cut the evening short sooner than we wanted, as most of the girls wanted to go skiing in the morning. (Knowing my knee troubles, I decided it might be wise to not risk that particular adventure...) So at around 10:30pm we were home, watched some TV and at 11pm I went to bed. That's got to be some sort of a record. It's very hard to make myself go to bed early when there's no one knocking on my door and frowning at me to go to bed. ;)

Day 6

Saturday started with an unexpected surprise. No breakfast! I came down and was all "...but. :(" So I just snagged a bowl of cereal and headed back to my room. :)

I had big plans for Saturday: clean my room, explore the huge mall nearby, go for a long walk now that the weather is so nice. Unfortunately the lure of the bed was too much... But! I did get up eventually, took a shower and headed to the mall. :D Did some shopping, explored some (not all, definitely not all. Did I mention that place is huge?) and then came back home. The weather today was great, clear blue skies and sunshine all around. So I took my camera and snapped some pictures of the mountains. The mountains that I, by the way, am completely in love with. So beautiful. ♥_♥







When I came back from the mall, I took a moment to cool down. It was actually *hot* outside! I'm seriously missing my sunglasses right now. :/ Hope Mom's package will arrive soon!

Anyhow, I did ended up doing some cleaning. And tomorrow I will vacuum, because there's crumbs on the floor and such. (Mom, you'll be pleased to know that's the *only* thing on my floor! ;) )

Now it's dinnertimez! Then a movie, most probably. Or two. Unless there's something fun going on in the common room. :D

Auf wiederhören! ;)

Fia/Lindsey

2 comments:

  1. Ugh this damn thing keeps deleting my comments. I am not pleased.

    Did you buy anything? :D

    I'm proud your keeping other items off the floor! Go you!

    I'm happy you're updating this regularly, it's nice to know what's going on in the life of Fia in Austria. ^^

    Yay for being lazy btw. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lindsey

    Good to read about your experiences in Austria. I know it is not Bristol (do you know JK Rowling used to live there?.
    We are going to miss your convincing talk on the Open Day here on Saturday.

    Take care and send my regards to Kevin!
    Bruno Leys

    ReplyDelete