About Me

My photo
Innsbruck, Tirol, Austria

Hi, and welcome to my blog! :D

I made this blog to be able to keep everyone updated on, as it says, my adventures while studying in Austria. :) I apologize for the Englishness (those who know me will not be surprised), but there are a quite a few non-Dutch speakers that wanted to keep up with me and I wasn't really up for writing every post in both languages... My apologies! :)

That said, have a look around, drop me a comment and enjoy! ;)

PS: © for the header to Melora @ deviantArt. I'm not that good of an artist, sorry. ;)

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day 3 and 4


Guten Abend! :)

Wie geht's? (Meaning, how are you all doing?) We're doing good! :) Let's see, what's been going on these past few days.

Day 3

Yesterday was, as all our days here have been lately, pretty quiet. :) We walked to the school with Marketa, Eva and Bohunka, 3 other Erasmus students from the Czech Republic who also stay in our house. We'd been invited by Frau Egger, the Erasmus coördinator of the Pädagogische Hochschule (ie: the school we'll be attending while we are here) to a few English lessons and they showed us the way to walk to the school. It's quite a way from here, at least a half an hour walk! Kevin and I will probably be investing in a bicycle. :p

An advantage to the walk, though, is the sights. The mountains are truly amazing to see, I've added some pictures below here. :)







The class was interesting, if a little dull, since it was mostly about things we'd already seen before with Mr. Leys. :)

Afterwards we got a general explanation about how to make our schedule. It turns out we get to make it ourselves! Meaning, we get to choose whatever modukes we want! Of course we have to be practical: stick to things that finish before we leave, make sure they are not on Tuesday morning, since we have Obzervations Praxis (observation training)then and other things. :)

They're trying really hard to put us into special modules, like educational trips, that are 3 days with some extra work, but no actual classes. :) That way we can definitely finish them before we leave. All in all we should definitely be able to start our actual classes next week's Monday! Exciting!

Day 4

Like day 3, today was pretty uneventful. We walked a lot! From the house to the school, to attend another class. (The teacher, Frau Kratzlinger, is a tiny woman with enough energy to bounce off the walls! :D It was a lot of fun!) Afterwards we had to go to the Rathaus (City Hall) to fill in some papers. Austrian bureaucrats? Scary people. :( And they were all annoyed that our German was so bad. :/ But, we managed to get everything sorted, so yay for us! :D

After the Rathaus, we headed back to the school for a meeting with Anna (the Erasmus-buddy, to help us around), to finalize our schedule. Of course, due to several problems, we couldn't. I swear, these people are more chaotic than at KHBO. :p But, they are more easygoing about it, if something is wrong, you just fix it. :) Nonetheless, Kevin and I are somewhat annoyed, wishing for *something* to be fixed. :p

All in all, I think Kevin and I walked between 10 and 15km today. Impressive, right? :D

After the school, we hung out with the housemates in the common room! It was nice, it turns out that (when you get over the whole German thing), they're very curious about us and Belgium and they're all very nice. Well, those that I've met anyway. :)

So, only positive points! And despite our many swearing at the language, we keep trying to speak German! :)

I think that's all for today. I'll keep you posted. :)

Tschüss und auf Wiedersehen!

Fia/Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment