About Me

My photo
Innsbruck, Tirol, Austria

Hi, and welcome to my blog! :D

I made this blog to be able to keep everyone updated on, as it says, my adventures while studying in Austria. :) I apologize for the Englishness (those who know me will not be surprised), but there are a quite a few non-Dutch speakers that wanted to keep up with me and I wasn't really up for writing every post in both languages... My apologies! :)

That said, have a look around, drop me a comment and enjoy! ;)

PS: © for the header to Melora @ deviantArt. I'm not that good of an artist, sorry. ;)

Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 25 - 29: I know, I know! Or, alternately, Warning! Crazy ahead! Read at own risk! :D


Right right right, oh my GOD, I am so bad at this. It's so strange, because I love writing in a blog! :D It's so much fun, and a good way to get rid of the excess brain activities. :p

My apologies, however, for the delay, Meine Schätzchen. :/ I might have to be brief, though (if that's even possible. Brevity? Not my forte.), because it's 10:30pm and if I don't do this now, I'll have to do it tomorrow and then it'll be SIX days and.

Right. Remember what I said about brevity? Yeah. :p Onwards!

Day 25: Thursday, March 19

Today, I completely and utterly overslept. Which might have been because I was up till, uhm, very late, reading. (I seem to get around to a fair bit more reading here than at home. It's very pleasant.) It was, unfortunately, also pretty much the worst day I could have chosen to oversleep! Because we were going to Axamer Lizum today, which is a- damn, what's the word. Skiplace? Place to go for skiing? Whatever, you get my drift. :p

Since bad knees run in the family, and mine are already not very happy with it being more up & down here than at home, I decided not to risk any serious injury and opted for tagging along as Resident Photographer. :D I took a million million pictures, which you can find here. :) Be warned there are several pictures that will make you go "why would she take a picture of THAT? :|". :p Some excerpts below!


Kevin snowboarding. Kind of anyway!



Cristina falling. :D



Kevin falling. :p



Kevin: "HOMG WHAT IS HE DOING?! WAAAAH!" :D



Cristina: "YES! I CAN KEEP MY BALANCE! Well, sort of."



Sun rising above pretty pretty mountains. (Not really rising, but I can pretend it was hideously early with this picture! :p)



The whole group! Left to right: Alex, Marketa, Eva, Mr. Kirschner, Cristina, Kevin, Veerle and crouching is Mrs. Lechner. :)



Meeting @ train station! Left to right: Kevin, Veerle, Eva, Marketa and Cristina



When we take a break from skiing, obviously we do it PROPERLY. :D Which is to say, with alcohol. (I had a hot chocolate. I did!)



Mr. Kirschner, the Gym teacher, with Cristina's beer. :D



Alex, Kevin's "WTF?"-face and Veerle, the only normal one on this picture. :p



Cristina succeeding in snowboarding! :D



Pretty pretty rocks. :)



Lunch break! Or, The One Where They're All Eating. :p



My lunch, Frankfürter and a pathetic Austrian attempt at fries. ...okay they were not THAT bad, but I'm still making my dad stop at my favourite place for fries on the way home. :p



Sight of the city! (The city being Innsbrück, for the people with a disability :p unknowing among you. :D)



More pretty pretty mountains, this time obscured by a snowstorm. (I know! Up on a mountain in a SNOWSTORM! 't was horrible. :( )



Alex obviously approves. :p Of what, I'm not quite sure. :p



Mountains. :) Fia/Lindsey ♥ nature. :)



~Mysterious~ path in the woods... :p



I don't think Alex likes his meal all that much. :p Left to right: Mr. Kirschner, Alex, Mrs. Lechner.



And a picture of my place to stay, for good measure. :) Tiroler Lehrerhaus, everyone! :D


All in all, it was a lot of fun, and the others are definitely going back. :) Myself, I'm not so sure. It was nice being there that time, sure, and the surroundings are gorgeous. But not being able to ski, it might get dullll. Idk, I'll see. I did see some guys and girls doing some pretty nifty tricks, so maybe I'll go next time and ask if I can photograph them. :D

In the evening nothing huge passed, except the Czech girls suggested we hold a kind of mini-party at our house for all the other Erasmussers, which Kevin and I both thought was a good idea. :) Party on Saturday, hooray!

Oh wait, no. I did laundry after the skiing day and then discovered the racks were gone! Problem! My laundry had to dry after all. So I had no choice but to hang up strings of rope all round my room and hang the laundry up there. See Pictoral Evidence!


This is how my room looked with all the laundry. My life, so hard. :(

Not the most fun thing, since it meant my room smelled funny and the air was so humid I couldn't sleep. :( Ended up sleeping with the window open, even though it was SNOWING outside. But, oddly enough, it didn't bother me too much. :)

Day 26: Friday, March 20

Friday was homework day! ...ish, anyway. :/ It was fairly amusing to see Kevin (who had attempted to learn to snowboard the day before) moaning about everywhere. :D Sore muscles suck, huh?

After a meagre attempt for homework, the iron and ironing board resurfaced and I set about doing some housework! It was fun though, and I am infinitely pleased that I can tell people just how WRONG they were when they said a slob like me would never be able to keep her room clean and do laundry and cook. More power to me, suckers! :p

Anyhoo, I will admit that the ironing took forever, but that was mostly because I was being exceptionally slow with it on purpose. :p I had the brilliant idea to stream Studio Brussels over the Internetz too, which was awesome. (For the foreigners, Studio Brussels in my fave radio station in Belgium. :D) I kinda missed it and as such thought myself quite dumb for not having thought of live streaming earlier. :D AND THEN I had the gradiose idea that StuBru allows you to e-mail them and will mention the best stories out loud! So I e-mailed Ayco (the host) and, HOMG I WUZ ON THA RADIO U GUYZ. :D :D It was made of win and sparkles and awesome. :D Except the fact that she totally mispronounced my name, but whatever. :D

After ironing, I went shopping for food at the huge mall and upon return, I think I read some more. Or hung out in the common room downstairs. Either or both, don't quite remember. :)

Day 27: Saturday, March 21

Saturday can be summed up into 4 words, actually. The Da Vinci Code.

I hadn't read it before, had acquired an e-book and decided to give it a go. Big mistake. BIG mistake. Huge! :p

It is a good mystery, y'all, you can't deny that. And, well. Let's just say that if curiosity kills the cat, I probably have a pile of cat bodies in my backyard. :D (...that sounded way less gross and possibly psychopathic in my head. :|) So yeah, I am VERY curious and I pretty much got SUCKED into that book and my Saturday can be described like so:

"READ READ READ READ MUST READ ON. Oh damn, I have social obligations. ...Do I have to? Okay okay, fiiiiine! *hangs out at party for a few hours* Oh, hey, look, I'm going to bed but it's only 2am... Surely I can read a little bit before bed, right?"

Yes. :p Because, my friends, that's how I roll. And I even finished it that same night! Around 4am, I think it was? I don't remember very, uh, clearly. I wonder why...

I was going to stop here, but I just remembered an anecdote about the party I have to share, because it's so typical for life here! :D The party was in good swing, Erasmussers mixing with our housemates, when something hilarious happened. This dude stumbled in, asking about a hostel nearby but none of us knew where it was. The conversation went like this:

GUY: You guys know where there's a hostel in the Amrasser Strasse?
ALEX (already quite. Well. Drunk. :p): Dude, no. :|
GUY: Damn! And I came all prepared for a party too! *pulls bottle of whiskey out*
ALEX: HEY, MY MAN, YOU SHOULD STAY, THIS PLACE IS PRACTICALLY A HOSTEL ANYWAY! :D AND DID I MENTION YOU SHOULD STAY? OH, what's that, you got WHISKEY? IMAGINE THAT! :D

No, seriously, caps and all. :p Alex is fun (if a little like a hobo) but, Christ, he's loud! So basically, a complete stranger (Basti was his name) hung around in our common room for a few hours. For no reason whatsoever. :p

Note to self: for further social ventures? TAKE BOOZE. Helps every time. :D

Day 28: Sunday, March 22

Predictably, after reading till 4am, I slept till noon. Quite literally, actually. :D It was 12 sharp when I woke up. :D

Look, maybe now you'll understand why I sleep so late? :p I have a hard time going to bed early in the evenings, and this requires SOME compensation. Otherwise I'd fall over! (I already do that regularly, but that's due to my lack of balance, not my lack of consciousness. :D) Maybe you can be a bit more kind now, before judging me as a lazy sod. :p Or, wait, a sod's a man. Sodette? Blast it all, you're picking up what I'm putting down, so. (TBS Reference! :D)

Let me take this moment to shout out a personal message, exquisitely crafted to inspire an immense blush. :D EMMY, MEINE KOMISCHESE FÄRHERIN, I LOVE YOU. :D And you are amazing for putting up with my craziness. V. cool. ♥ ♥

Right, back to our usually scheduled program. What was I going on about again? Right, right, Sunday and laziness. :D In the afternoon, I did more schoolwork and then, well. Spent most of the time expanding my e-book collection. :D It was very ftw. (for the win)

See? I just summed up my whole Sunday in, what. 3 Sentences? I CAN BE BRIEF, HOORAY! :D

Day 29: Monday, March 23

As you may remember, Monday is the dullest day of the week. We have classes in the morning and afternoon. And the theme of the day was: LATE! At least in the afternoon, where I was horribly late the first time and only skidded in just in time the second. :/

The other remarkable thing that happened is that I was KIDNAPPED. :o

Not really, but this crazy Gym teacher who helps out with Erasmus pretty much dragged me to his office to look over one of his Word documents and telling me to fix it, while he made off with my USB-stick to get some pictures. I say, what? :| And the Word doc was a MESS, sry2say. :/ I'm not cleaning that thing up unless I get credits for it, seriously. It would take HOURS.

Classes were fun. Ish. :D I got my short story back and the teacher was v. v. pleased! YAY! Now I just have to finish the bloody thing. :/ :/

OH, and in the evening I had a chat with ze Mutti, and it was decided that I would amble over to Vienna for a couple of days during Easter Hols! :D It's only 17 euros by train, so kind of a bargain! :D I'm going by myself, sadly, but well. I was thinking about Firenze first, but then decided that perhaps Italy on my own was a little too ambitious, hmmm? :) VIENNA, HERE I COME! \o/

And lookit, I'm done! :D

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for all the craziness in the blog entry, seriously. I think I'll tack on a disclaimer. :| I'm just feeling exceptionally...well. crazy, tonight, I guess? :p And it shows? :D This would be the mood where I twirl around school and hug everyone. :D Yeah, you know, that kind of mood, I'm sure you rememeber. :p (Those that I go to school with, anyhow. :D)

So, I'm just going to close this off now and hope that I haven't scared you off too much? :D Okay? Okay. Great. :D

Also, einen guten Nacht, mein Schätzchen, und auf wiederhören! :D

Fia/Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. Mensen met een beperking, Lindsey!!!!

    Lol I did not blush. I did make an attempt at hiding my face behind my hair though. :D I love you too, crazy cookie. <3

    ReplyDelete