About Me

My photo
Innsbruck, Tirol, Austria

Hi, and welcome to my blog! :D

I made this blog to be able to keep everyone updated on, as it says, my adventures while studying in Austria. :) I apologize for the Englishness (those who know me will not be surprised), but there are a quite a few non-Dutch speakers that wanted to keep up with me and I wasn't really up for writing every post in both languages... My apologies! :)

That said, have a look around, drop me a comment and enjoy! ;)

PS: © for the header to Melora @ deviantArt. I'm not that good of an artist, sorry. ;)

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 2


Güten Abend!

That's about the only German you're going to get, apart from the goodbye, though sorry. :)

Day 2 has passed as well! :) First of all, my apologies for the depressed sound of yesterday's entry. I was somewhat overwhelmed, but I've adapted by now. :D

Today in a nutshell:

- Breakfast here runs from 7am till 9am, we arrived at 'round 8:30 to find a fairly large selection. :) There's 2 sorts of bread, rolls, Nutella, 3 kinds of jam, coffee, tea and orange juice. :)

At breakfast we also met Marguetta and Eva, two Czech Erasmus students that are also staying at our house. :) It's a good thing that we did, because they were more than happy to show us around here. :)

- After breakfast we heading to a truly immense shopping centre close to our home. Kevin and I still needed plenty of things, so we headed into the Interspar and shopped for food and other stuff. :) I'm looking forward to exploring that center, definitely. :D

- After the store we went back to the house for lunch, and after lunch we went to the carnival! :D There was big parade, it was pretty cool. You can see pictures here. Just click on little pictures (thumbnails) on the right to see them larger, and click on the arrow to go to the next few pictures. :)

It was fairly cold though, so we went to a pub (Irish Pub, where they had no hot drinks, it was AWFUL!), had one drink and returned home. :)

- Back at the house, Kevin and I got the grand tour, got some explanations about the fridge, kitchen and laundry. (Mom, I'm going to need your help with that! :p)

- After the tour, I cooked, and then fiddled online forever. :)

Jetzt bin ich sehr, uh, tired. Meaning: I'm exhausted! :) Tomorrow Kevin and I are going shopping again, and then to the school for our first classes! Exciting!

Oh, and one last thing: in the sidebar you can see some new links: I made a guestbook since Blogger doesn't seem to allow comments, or so I've been told. :) Feel free to leave me a message! :)

Tschüss und auf Wiedersehen! :)

Fia/Lindsey

2 comments:

  1. I was going to type this in German but two words in I sighed and gave up. :P I think it's supposed to allow comments, but this morning it asked for word verification but the picture wouldn't load... So yeah.

    <333 Hope your third day is awesome! Good luck with classes!

    Tschüss!

    ReplyDelete