About Me

My photo
Innsbruck, Tirol, Austria

Hi, and welcome to my blog! :D

I made this blog to be able to keep everyone updated on, as it says, my adventures while studying in Austria. :) I apologize for the Englishness (those who know me will not be surprised), but there are a quite a few non-Dutch speakers that wanted to keep up with me and I wasn't really up for writing every post in both languages... My apologies! :)

That said, have a look around, drop me a comment and enjoy! ;)

PS: © for the header to Melora @ deviantArt. I'm not that good of an artist, sorry. ;)

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 1 (or better: Evening 1 :D)


When I arrived last night the Internet wasn't working yet, so I wrote a blog entry in a word doc and now that I have conquered the Interwebs, I present it to you! :)

Day 1 (or, Evening 1)

So, first blog entry! Not even being written in the actual blogsphere, because the Internet doesn’t seem to be working, huh. Let’s hope that sorts itself out, ey? I’m writing this in Word for the time being. :)

It’s a little strange being here all by myself, I will admit to feeling somewhat lonely. :) Nobody seems to take into account that our (Kevin and mine) German is kind of bad and they just ramble on anyway. Makes for a lot of confusion and blank faces, and a lot of trying to make ourselves understood. :p I guess that means we’ll be fluent by the time we get back, huh? There’s something I didn’t expect would ever happen, fluency in German. :p

The flight was good, we arrived here half an hour too early. Hardly any turbulence, it felt like we had barely been settled by the time the pilot announced we were starting to land. Some stunning views while we were landing too. We decided against trying to figure out the busthings, mostly because it was dark and late and raining, so we took a taxi to the house we’re staying.

The guy running this place wasn’t at home, so we had to make it clear to a little boy that we were new students and if we could please come in. Was confusing. We got to wait in the “Gesellschaftszimmer” which I’m assuming would be the common room. :) Met two girls there, Regina and Kirsten (I think?). They were nice, if a little confused. But then, they don’t know us, so.

The room itself (which we eventually got to go to) is very nice. (See picture!) It’s really spacious (bigger than my room at home! :p) and has a desk, a bed, a closet and a few cupboards. I’ve also got my own bathroom! Very nice, indeed. :) I’ve already unpacked everything and am now getting settled. :) Kevin is less lucky, his room isn’t free yet, so he has to stay in a different room for the first week. His temporary room is bigger, which is a plus, but he can’t really unpack or get comfy because he has to leave after a week.

That’s it so far, I’m going to freshen up a bit and then I promised Kevin I’d meet him down in the common room for badly dubbed television. Yay!

Tschüss!

Linsdsey/Fia

No comments:

Post a Comment